Jackson Elementary School, located in El Dorado Hills, has a small-town charm and a reputation of academic excellence. Jackson first opened in 1967 and has educated generations of students for over 40 years. The Jackson School community extends well beyond its experienced staff and committed, hard-working students. Jackson places great value on the strong commitment on the part of the families and community who contribute greatly with time, talent, and monetary donations. Jackson’s principal, Michele Miller, acknowledges that the parental dedication and involvement is a big part of Jackson’s success.
There is a definite warm, caring feeling that exists at Jackson. The school’s staff is committed to having students and families alike feel welcomed and important. In addition, the staff also shares an uncommon bond and commitment to team work that ensures a positive experience for Jackson students. Jackson prides itself on not only the fabulous teachers but also the dedicated and caring secretaries, nurse and health aide, instructional aides, custodians, and very caring team of yard supervisors.
Some of the highlights and accomplishments of Jackson Elementary are as follows:
- The entire Jackson community, staff, students and alumni, take great pride in having been recognized as a California Distinguished School in 1989, 2002 and 2014.
- Academic Performance Index (API) of 932
- Visual and Performing Arts Focus: dance, music, art, choir and theater
- 4th and 5th grade electives which change each trimester
- A Video Production Lab for upper grade students
- Award winning school garden and outdoor classroom
- A dedicated Parent Teacher Organization that sponsors events like the Fall Festival, special family nights, and Talent Show as well as many enrichment programs for our students
- Our "Character Counts" program instills values such as honesty, integrity, and responsibility in students and helps to develop important interpersonal and social skills
- Annual participation in the El Dorado County Oral Interpretation and Spelling Bee competitions
- A Walking Club at lunch to promote health and fitness
- Cross-country, basketball and volleyball teams
- A very noteworthy G.A.T.E. program coordinated by Amy Hadden, a Jackson teacher
- An active Student Leadership class that gives back to the community through Coats for Kids, a canned food drive for local food banks, and a pet food donation drive for local animal shelters
The Jackson Elementary School staff, working in partnership with parents and our community, will strive to provide excellence in thinking and interpersonal skills necessary for all students to reach their maximum potential. We are committed to providing a safe learning environment where all students are valued and respected.